Finance District Limited (hereinafter referred to as “we” and “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of the information you provide to us. Our online application is a secure site facility that enables us to hold your information securely when it is submitted. For us to assess your online application for credit we need to get private information from you and from others and share your information with other parties. You have the right to know who is collecting information about you and the right to access it and correct it if it is wrong. We have set out our contact details and those of Veda Advantage Limited (Veda) in clause 4 of this form for this purpose.
The parties we collect and share information about you with are:
- Veda, a credit reporting agency – so that we can complete a credit check, assess your credit history and verify your identity.
- The Ministry of Justice – to find out whether you have any outstanding fines.
- New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) – complete a Driver Check. Driver Check is a service provided by the NZTA that allows us to access the following information about your driver licence: the licence classes you hold, the licence endorsements you hold, the conditions on your licence, the status of your licence. The NZTA will also send an automatic notification to us when any of the above information about your driver licence changes e.g. when your licence expires or is suspended.
- Your employer, any bank or other financial institution you have or had credit or a mortgage with, local authority, government department or agency, your landlord and any property manager or real estate agencies (including any solicitor acting for one of these parties) – to help us verify your identity, verify the information in this or subsequent applications, consider your financial position, consider whether any proposed security has money owing in relation to it.
- Any potential assignee, transferee or other person whom we anticipate entering into contractual relations in connection with this loan or any third party who has or may have a financial interest in this loan.
Consent to Complete a Credit Check, Driver Check and Make Other Enquiries
By submitting this online application you consent and authorise us and any Finance Company that we may pass your application onto to conduct the following:
- Obtain a credit report from Veda now and in the future and you consent to us using Veda’s monitoring services to receive updates if your information changes. (Note: if you do not consent your application will not be able to be considered by Finance District.)
- Obtain information from the Ministry of Justice to find out whether you have any outstanding fines and/or a criminal history.
- Provide your personal information to 1) Veda for the purpose of identity verification, credit reporting or lodging a default, 2) the Ministry of Justice in relation to any outstanding fines you may have or 3) the NZTA in relation to its driver check services.
- Share your driver licence number with Veda and/or the Ministry of Justice. You understand that disclosure of your driver licence number to Veda and the Ministry of Justice is voluntary so you can ask us not to disclose by adding a note to the comments box above when you complete this application.
- Obtain and access your driver licence record using NZTA’s Driver Check service both now and in the future and you consent to us
- Make disclosure of any information to any potential assignee, transferee or other person whom we anticipate entering into contractual relations in connection with this loan or any third party who has or may have a financial interest in this loan.
- Disclose and receive your personal information, including but not limited to details of this loan, any associated loan application, any financial dealings you may have with us, your address, telephone number(s), the place where you work, details of your income and any convictions you may have, with the organisations set out in clause 1 b) to d) above in relation to the purposes described in clauses 1 and 2.
You declare and certify:
- you have read and understood this application, the information provided is true and correct and you are not an undischarged bankrupt
- you are no less than 18 years of age and that you have disclosed all other names that you are currently known as, and
- you are aware that if you have deliberately provided false information in this application you could face fraud or dishonesty charges a Court.
Contact Details & Communications
You consent to us communicating with you electronically with respect to your application and/or loan. You also consent to us sending you marketing material and/or messages electronically or otherwise, even after you have repaid your loan in full. The addresses of Agencies that hold your personal information are as follows:
Finance District Limited
14 Shirley Road
Veda Advantage Limited
Private Bay 92 156
Auckland Mail Centre 1142